Personal Information We Collect
“Personal Information” is information that identifies you as an individual, such as:
- Postal address
- Telephone number
- Email address
- Credit or debit card number
How We Use Personal Information
We may use Personal Information:
- When you request, to connect you with vendors who will provide you with information about products and services.
- When you’ve submitted your Personal Information to us, which submission you understand and agree to constitute making an “inquiry” to us and our affiliated entities, to contact you or allow our vendors to contact you via telephone for a limited period even if the telephone number you submitted appears on any state and/or federal Do Not Call list, because your inquiry serves as an exception to state and/or federal Do Not Call laws.
- to respond to your inquiries and fulfill your requests, such as to send you newsletters.
- to send you important information regarding the Site, changes to our terms, conditions, and policies and/or other administrative information.
- to send you surveys and marketing communications that we believe may be of interest to you; participation in surveys is voluntary and you have a choice of disclosing information such as name and demographic information.
- to personalize your experience on the Site and our other websites by presenting advertising, products and offers tailored to you.
- to present you with advertisements tailored to you on certain third party websites, including on Facebook.
- to allow you to participate in sweepstakes, contests and similar promotions and to administer these activities. Some of these activities have additional rules, which could contain additional information about how we use and disclose your Personal Information, so we suggest that you read these rules carefully.
- to allow you to send messages to a friend through the Site. By using this functionality, you are telling us that you are entitled to use and provide us with your friend’s name and email address.
- for our business purposes, such as data analysis, audits, developing new products, enhancing our website, improving our services, identifying usage trends, and determining and improving the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns.
- if you purchase a product or service from us, to complete and fulfill your purchase, for example, to have your payments processed, communicate with you regarding your purchase and provide you with related customer service.
How Personal Information is Disclosed
Your Personal Information may be disclosed:
- to our third party service providers who provide services such as contact information verification, payment processing, order fulfillment, customer service, website hosting, data analysis, infrastructure provision, IT services, email delivery services, auditing services and other similar services to enable them to provide services. These companies are authorized to use your personal information only as necessary to provide these services to us.
- if you request information from vendors so that they (or so that third parties who provide similar services) can provide you with information about their products and services. WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR VENDOR’S USE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION.
- if you choose to download a white paper, eBook, or other resource, to our clients, partners and current and future sponsors of that resource. If you do not want to be contacted by these third parties, please do not download, view or otherwise access the white papers, eBooks and other resources.
- if you post your resume on the Site and elect to permit it to be searched by potential employers and staffing agencies, to these potential employers and staffing agencies. We do not control the use and disclosure of Personal Information by these potential employers and staffing agencies. While it is our goal that only employers or staffing agencies will gain access to Personal Information in resumes, we cannot guarantee that no other persons or entities will gain such access. WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE USE OR DISCLOSURE BY OTHERS OF ANY PERSONAL INFORMATION YOU DISCLOSE IN YOUR RESUME.
- to third party sponsors of sweepstakes, contests and similar promotions.
- if you choose to send messages through the Site, to identify you as the sender to the recipient indicated by you. We will ask you for such recipient’s name and email address and we store both email addresses for the purpose of sending such message.
- by you, on message boards, chat, profile pages and blogs and other services to which you are able to post information and materials. Please note that any information you post or disclose through these services will become public information, and may be available to visitors to the Site and to the general public. To request removal of your personal information from message boards, blogs or community forum, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. In some cases, we may not be able to remove your personal information, in which case we will let you know if we are unable to do so and why.
- by you, if you have provided a testimonial about a site and given us permission to post that testimonial on our site.
- to a third party in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
- as we believe to be necessary or appropriate: (a) under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (d) to enforce our terms and conditions; (e) to protect our operations or those of any of our affiliates; (f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you or others; and (g) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
Non-Personal Information We Collect
“Non-Personal Information” is any information that does not reveal your specific identity, such as:
- Browser information
- Information collected through cookies, pixel tags and other technologies
- Demographic information and other information provided by you
- Aggregated information
How We Collect Non-Personal Information
How We Use and Disclose Non-Personal Information
Because Non-Personal Information does not personally identify you, we may use and disclose Non-Personal Information for any purpose. In some instances, we may combine Non-Personal Information with Personal Information (such as combining your name with your geographical location). If we combine any Non-Personal Information with Personal Information, the combined information will be treated by us as Personal Information as long as it is combined.
Your “IP Address” is a number that is automatically assigned to the computer that you are using by your Internet Service Provider (ISP).
How We Log IP Addresses
An IP Address is identified and logged automatically in our server log files whenever a user visits the Site, along with the time of the visit and the page(s) that were visited. Collecting IP Addresses is standard practice on the Internet and is done automatically by many web sites.
How We Use and Disclose IP Addresses?
We use IP Addresses for purposes such as calculating Site usage levels, helping diagnose server problems, geographic mapping and administering the Site. We may also use and disclose IP Addresses for all the purposes for which we use and disclose Personal Information. Please note that we treat IP Addresses, server log files and related information as Non-Personal Information, except where we are required to do otherwise under applicable law.
THIRD PARTY SITES
THIRD PARTY VENDORS
Data Providers: We also allow data providers to collect web log data from you (including IP address and information about your browser or operating system), when you visit our Site, or place or recognize a unique cookie on your browser to enable you to receive customized ads or content. These cookies contain no personally identifiable information. The cookies may reflect de-identified demographic or other data linked to data you voluntarily have submitted to us, e.g., your email address, that we may share with data providers solely in hashed, non-human readable form.
PLEASE NOTE THAT WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR THE ACTS AND/OR OMISSIONS OF THIRD PARTY VENDORS.
We use reasonable organizational, technical and administrative measures to protect Personal Information under our control. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet or data storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, if you feel that the security of any account you might have with us has been compromised), please immediately notify us of the problem by contacting us in accordance with the “Contacting Us” section below.
The security of your personal information is important to us. When you enter sensitive information (such as credit card numbers) on our forms, we encrypt that information once it is entered.
USE OF SITE BY MINORS
The Site is not directed to individuals under the age of thirteen (13), and we request that these individuals do not provide Personal Information through the Site.
Your Personal Information may be stored and processed in any country where we have facilities, and by providing any PII to us, you consent to the transfer of such Personal Information to countries outside of your country of residence, including the United States, which may have different data protection rules from your country of residence.
We ask that you not send us, and you not disclose, any sensitive Personal Information (e.g., Social Security number (unless otherwise requested), driver’s license number, credit card number (unless necessary to make a purchase), information related to racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion or other beliefs, criminal background or trade union membership) on or through the Site or otherwise to us.
YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
California has passed legislation requiring certain specific disclosures be made available to California residents who use the Internet and provide information that may be used for marketing purposes. That legislation requires any business that discloses a customer’s personal information (as defined by the act) to any third party for direct marketing purposes to provide the customer a method for obtaining the names, addresses and certain other specified details of anyone who might have received that personal information. If you are a California resident you may request this information by writing to us at the address below. CAI/AITS is not obligated to respond to more than one such request from you per calendar year.
Computer Aid, Inc.
1390 Ridgeview Drive
Allentown, PA 18104